Getting to ‘I Do’ in Los Angeles – A twist on a Resourceful Attitude
Sometimes in life when we can’t get exactly what we want, we need to compromise and work with what is available – call it being resourceful. For example, you may really want a pair of Fendi shoes, but the $1000 price tag might be too high. So, being resourceful you can…..
…Wait for a massive sale and hope your size and style type are still available, or…..
…Go to a resale store and hunt for a pair of, how do they put it, ‘gently worn’ that cost a fraction of the price, or…..
…Be a gold digging slut and try to con someone to buy you a pair, or…
…Find a knock off pair and just hope that no one looks at them too closely so as to blow your fake cover.
Resourceful – Resourcefulness at its best! In Los Angeles, single girls have no end to situations where a resourceful attitude is a must.
And getting to ‘I do’ in a city where every gorgeous young thing from all corners of the world comes to be discovered and made famous, makes dating an even trickier situation. LA men, knowing that there is a new boat-load of beautiful bevies embarking on the ‘City of Angeles’ on any given day, somehow has made this commitment-marriage-husband thing even tougher to attain.
So instead of worrying about Mr. Right showing up in your life, and sitting at home feeling miserable and lonely, many resourceful LA girls have found a solution – they have a ‘Gusband’. The ‘Gusband’, your Gay-Husband, and here is what is ‘just fabulous’ about having a ‘Gusband’:
- You always have a man who loves to go shopping with you, and not only will he not whine and complain about it – and slouch on the chairs in the stores with a pout on his face while playing with his iPhone – he will embrace this joyous activity and give you honest feedback on everything you try on. And the feedback he gives you won’t make you cry. The words ‘it makes your butt look fat’ will never come out of your Gusband’s mouth; rather he will say something like… ‘guuurrl, those pants don’t justify that awesome butt of yours, let’s keep looking’….
- He will be a great escort to ANY event you have where you need a date because:
- He is a guy….he will pick you up and drive as chivalry is not a lost art for him….
- He will never embarrass you by what he is wearing, as his style is perfection….
- You can still hit on other guys when you are with him, and he won’t get pissed of – unless – he is hitting the same guy too and, well, that is a story for another blog…
- PLUS, he will think it is cute when you get tipsy and make sure you get home safely…
- He will like – even enjoy an afternoon of culture – thinking the newest museum opening, art opening or indie film sounds like a perfect Sunday treat.
- He will watch a Lifetime movie or Bravo with you and not complain!
- He likes to dance, and chances are he is actually good at it.
- He likes your friends, and loves to hang out with you and your girlfriends.
- And most importantly, he knows when to unleash his bitchy humor to put things in perspective after someone has burst your bubble on life.
I love my ‘Gusband’, and hell, all of the ‘gusbands’ that are in my life. And until I meet my soul mate, at least I am surrounded by wonderful, loving men that make every day a better place for me in this wacky city!