Ten Reasons Why YOU Should Be Dumping YOU!!!
The Internet and magazines are inundated with articles on the subject of dumping. Whether it’sTen Ways to Recognize When a Girl is Going to Dump You, or Signs That a Guy is Just Not That Into You, the result is a multitude of various relationship conundrums – breaking up, cheating, getting dumped – built upon the fear of rejection by our ‘love of the moment’.
And really, what do these articles do? Let’s imagine that…. you are married and, your spouse has been acting oddly recently. Then, as your toes dry at the nail salon, you flip through one of the worn, polished-stained magazines you’d grabbed on the way in. You stumble upon an article called Ten Signs Your Man Is Cheating on You. So, you peruse the article, hoping no one will notice what you are reading…. and GODDAMMIT….7 out of the 10 signs mimic your husband’s odd behavior. So, from that moment on, you start to look at your husband differently (the magazine article ripped out and kept in your purse for quick reference), as you start to hunt for every little possible clue to back up your now-certain belief that your guy is cheating on you.
I wonder how many of these ‘helpful’ articles create a ‘psychological manifest destiny’, kind of like a self-fulfilling, relationship-destroying prophecy: The fear of what could happen becomes a truth to be proved. You know that old expression, “If you don’t go looking for trouble, trouble won’t come looking for you.” I think sometimes, these articles – based totally on stereotypical behaviors – cause more harm than good.
Instead of looking for signs that someone is cheating, lying, manipulating, or getting ready to dump you; instead, you should look into yourself. If you know who you are, and what you want and expect out of life, you won’t need an article to tell you if something isn’t working in your life. You will just know.
In place of the negative-nervous-worrying-misplaced-wasted-energy trying to figure out the behaviors, thoughts and potential actions of others, put the focus on the only thing you really can control – your own thoughts and your own actions.
Really, why worry about someone dumping you. The only person who should be dumping you is YOU!
What do I mean??
In an effort to make you the best you YOU can be, make sure you kick your own dumb ass any time you let yourself down. When you underestimate yourself, under-value yourself, under-appreciate yourself, or under-LOVE yourself, you should really have a harsh talk with you … and dump you. If you do not value you, the universe – and all of its energies and entities comprised within it – won’t either.
When you are the best you YOU can be, then the actions and reactions of others will fly off you like a fried egg on a Teflon pan. If it takes dumping YOU, to make YOU value YOU, then YOU really only need to worry YOU about dumping YOU! In other words….dump the behaviors that are prohibiting YOU from becoming the best you YOU can be.
ANYWAY….You Should Be Dumping You…
- If you use alcohol as an excuse for your crazy or mean behavior, then, you should be dumping you. If you send mean-ass-text messages after a few cocktails too many, and then feel bad the next day…too BAD for you, no excuse! Alcohol is a personality truth serum and is never an excuse for misplaced anger, destructive behavior or vicious verbal attacks.
- If you drive your car when you know you will be drinking, and there exists the chance that you might become impaired or drunk, then, you should be dumping you. With Uber and Lyft so economical – and in most cases less expensive than valet parking in LA – you may be willing to risk your life, but what about the others around you?
- If you think farting in public is okay, then, you should be dumping you. So, when I am on the step master at Equinox, and a rank smell wafts by me, and I turn to my left and see you making the same facial expressions as my friends two year old boy when he is about to poop (and he wears diapers) – really, do you think squeezing a few out in a public air space is okay? Dude the bathroom is only a short hop, skip and a jump away.
- And speaking of air space, if you still smoke in 2016, after all the studies about the harmful effects to your body then, you should be dumping you. Should I have to worry about the dangers of second hand smoke just because don’t care about your own lungs enough to stop?
- If you think because you are rich, or educated, or famous, or gorgeous or….and, you therefore look down at the guy who parks your car, or the lady who cleans the public restroom, or the crossing guard working at a school, then, you should be dumping you. Not everyone is born with the same opportunities in life, and when someone is working, earning a living, and contributing to society they deserve your respect, not your disdain.
- If your friend sends you a text, and you don’t feel compelled to respond – for whatever reason, then, you should be dumping you. Responding, even with an emoticon, is better than the ‘I can’t be bothered to respond’ blank response that is implied when you ignore a friend’s text.
- And speaking of texting, if you are doing the ‘dating dance’ with someone and don’t respond to their text, and blow them off, then, you should be dumping you. How hard is it to be polite, or man up and let them know you are not interested, rather than leave someone twisting in the wind?
- If you make tentative plans with someone, and they leave you a message – or a text – at noon confirming the plans for 5 pm that night, and you still don’t want to commit so you don’t bother to respond to them, then, you should be dumping you. If you can’t make it, or aren’t sure if you can make it, then you owe them the respect to let them know ahead of time. Wasting someone else’s time is stealing a part of their life.
- If you are standing in line at, let’s say the bank, and the line is long, and the elderly lady with the-one-and-only-teller that appears to be working, hauls out a large Ziplock bag of coins to exchange, so you decide to make inappropriate noises and obnoxious sighs and comments while waiting in line, then, you should be dumping you. Being impatient and rude does not make the line go faster, and it makes others uncomfortable. Grow a pair or come back another time.
- AND LASTLY… If someone’s dog or cat passes away, and in your lack of understanding the love between an animal and its human, you say stupid things like…”It was just a dog”, or “Just go buy another dog”, or “It’s not like it was a person that died”… then, you should be dumping you. Compassion in life extends to all matters of the heart, and I feel sorry for you if your heart hasn’t experienced the truly beautiful love that animals give us. Regardless of if you understand someone else’s pain, you STILL need to respect it!
If you enjoyed this post please like, share or forward to a friend! #BeHappy #WeAreAllinThisTogether!
So here is an article below called 10 Tell-tale Signs He’s Cheating On You…I bet anyone could extrapolate whatever they want from this and convince themselves if they want to..lol