Feeling Groovy, and 5 ways rock your vibe
Spring, it has me finally FEELING GROOVY again. After the past two months of continual rain and bone chilling temperatures in the high 40’s and low 50’s, we in Los Angeles are once again cautiously optimistic that the warm weather is back to stay. After only a few 80 degree days, Southern California has experienced a ‘new-kind-of-facelift’, let’s call it an ‘attitude facelift’: the cars in Beverly Hills are once again sparkly-clean, and the rain-induced road rage has dwindled—people will even slow down to let you merge into a left lane; dogs are happily trotting along the sidewalks instead of dodging puddles; restaurants are packed and the ‘leave your umbrellas at the door’ signs have been cheerfully tucked away; and people are smiling, strangers are actually smiling at you. After all, it’s been a tough few months—what with the rain, the cold weather, and the flu bugs— Los Angelenos are truly appreciating the beautiful weather we so often take for granted. Los Angeles is FEELING GROOVY. It’s like the magic of Christmas has swept over the city, and people are noticeably happier, more patient, nicer, and kind. It’s weird for LA, but I like it.
So how do we keep the FEELING GROOVY vibe from dissipating, once the ‘terror’ of the past few months has been swept from our minds?
Here are some ways I remind myself to keep FEELING GROOVY, even when the chips seem like they are down; or when I feel like I have been dealt a bad hand; or when I wallow in the negative and forget to see the positive around me; here are some ways I put life into perspective and remind myself of how lucky I am…
Five ways to keep on… FEELING GROOVY
- Take a walk on the wild side. Yeah you heard me, put on your flip-flops and carry your high heels in your bag and walk to your nightly destination. Walking makes me happy, gives me a calming yet endorphin-buzzing feeling, and also helps to burn off a few calories before I consume alcohol and canapes. Walk! Pretend you live in NY! And in a few blocks you will be, FEELING GROOVY!
- Dance, Dance, Dance! You don’t need a partner; ‘Dancing with Myself’ as the great Billy Idol sang, is fun and freeing. Make a Vine or a video and post it to Facebook and Instagram. Share your joy, and when you share your joy, you start to believe in your own infectious FEELING GROOVY vibe. Trust me; check out my happy dances on my social media sites!
- Take a ‘perspective pill’; this pill doesn’t require swallowing potentially harmful substances, it just strains your eyes. All you have to do is watch the news and I am sure you will be FEELNG GROOVY in no time. Because when you see what is going on in the world—if you can get past the obnoxious constant coverage of ‘The’ Donald Trump’s Presidency— then the occasional 60 degree day and the traffic from hell, will make you remember how lucky you are to be living in La La Land.
- Remember that life sometimes is as simple and fun as a game show, and when you are down, just Phone-A-Friend! Get on the phone, and actually SPEAK to someone you like or love, because human contact keeps us grounded in life. We are all ‘Lost in TEXTation’ and having a friend give you an ‘encouragement hug’ through the airwaves really will keep you FEELING GROOVY!
- And lastly…. Make the words you speak happy ones, life really is FABULOUSA; stop and talk to a neighbor’s puppy and rub its belly, connect with life in all its forms; save a bug, even a spider deserves a chance to spin another web; enjoy a nice chilled glass of Chardonnay or a yummy Cabernet and celebrate the better things in life; and always remember… Happiness comes from within, so make your own FEELING GROOVY happiness count and it will create positive vibes in the Universe.
So let’s all keep on FEELING GROOVY.
Below is a PODCAST for your audio listening pleasure – or not! And below is a blooper reel, hell ya!
Blooper attempt 7….PS if you like the Feeling Groovy Vibe, please share or like on Facebook. Kisses y’all xo